The Aquablast® 1215 is the second largest of our standard wet blasting models, which is suitable for medium-sized components.
This cabinet cleans by flow, thereby eliminating impact, resulting in a 'soft' finish with the water acting as a lubricant. Media impregnation is avoided and the life of the blast media is also extended. View the full process below:
- The water/media slurry is contained within the wet blasting cabinet sump.
- Delivery of the slurry to the manual blast nozzle is via a glandless polyurethane pump and associated hoses located inside the wet blasting machine.
- Compressed air is added at the blast nozzle to accelerate the slurry and provide the cleaning effect.
- After contact with the component the slurry, then drains back into the sump creating a re-circulating system.
- Fine broken down media and other contaminants are fed via an overflow to a sedimentation filter located at the rear of the wet blasting machine.
As seen on Edd China's Workshop Diaries show, click here to watch.